Terms and Conditions
Booking and Payment Details
We recommend booking as early as possible to ensure your date is available.
All quotes provided by Sweet Custom Cakes are valid for a period of 14 days from the date of issue.
To secure your booking a 50% non-refundable deposit is required to accept your invoice and secure your booking date. No order will be considered secure until a deposit is made. The Balance of your invoice is due at least 7 days prior to your event day. Any orders placed within 7 days of the event must be paid in full at the time or ordering.
Your non-refundable deposit covers the following:
- Securing your date. We only accept a number of cakes at once and do turn away other business on your secured booking date if we are at capacity.
- The time on administration such as quoting, email responses, invoicing, bookkeeping and accounting costs.
- Our dedicated time to your specialty order.
Cancellation Policy for Custom Cakes and Wedding Cakes
- If an order is CANCELLED within 7 days of your event date, no refund is provided.
- In the event of order cancellation and Sweet Custom Cakes is notified more than 7 days before your event, 50% of your total cost will be refunded (the 50% deposit will be forfeited).
- Refund Process – if a refund is approved, it will be processed using the original payment method within 5 business days. Please allow additional time for the refund to reflect in your account, depending on your financial institute.
- Change of date -(The outstanding amount must be paid in full). We will then accommodate a date change (subject to availability) or issue a credit note for a future order (on a case-by-case basis) if changed before 14 days of the original pick-up date.
We want you to be 100% happy with your Sweet Custom Cake order! However, refunds will not be honoured due to dissatisfaction with the design, colour shade, or general decorations. If you are unsatisfied with the flavour quality of your cake, this will be assessed at the discretion of our staff. In these circumstances, the cake must be returned.
We do not exchange or refund items if you have changed your mind.
Cancellation Policy for Online Store Cakes
Shop cakes –
If you are placing an order from our online store, please choose carefully, as no changes can be made once the order has gone through.
Merchandise and gifts –
Should a product be faulty or a description misleading or inaccurate, we will gladly refund the item, less any discounts or promotions applied to the original order. The customer is responsible for return shipping to Sweet Custom Cakes, and the customer will cover any reshipping fees associated with any additional items being posted back out. We do not refund for change of mind.
Additionally, any items used, altered, or damaged by the customer may not be eligible for a refund. We strictly cannot offer a refund for any cakes or Sweets that have been consumed.
We value your satisfaction and strive to ensure a positive experience. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our refund policy, please don’t hesitate to contact us via email at email@example.com.
Our cakes are handmade and made to order. Minor variations in colour, flowers and designs can occur. However, we will always do our best to accommodate your specific requests. Minor design changes may be made if necessary.
Note: Inspirational images of other artists’ designs are welcome. Note: we do not copy or replicate another artist’s work due to the creative process.
Our cakes are handmade from start to finish, prepared and made in small batches with meticulous attention to detail. We prioritise sourcing Australian-made and produced ingredients where possible. Our pricing structure reflects the exceptional value we provide through our specialty cake services, encompassing our extensive expertise and industry training. Pricing reflects the dedicated labour involved in creating your unique handmade cake as well as the exclusive use of high-quality ingredients.
Collection, Transportation and Storage
- Please ensure the person collecting or receiving the order is aware of the order details.
- Any discrepancies must be notified upon the collection/receiving of your order.
- Your cake is best transported on the floor of the passenger’s footwell or the floor of the backseat.
- Cakes are best transported in a cool, air-conditioned car on a flat surface to prevent damage whilst moving.
- Cake care advice will be given on the collection of your cake and provided in a QR code on your cake packaging.
- Once the collection of the cake or product has been made/delivered, we are not liable for any damage during transportation. However, we will always do our best to fix any issues for you within reason and time frame.
Allergy and Intolerance Disclaimer
Sweet Custom Cakes produces all goods from the same kitchen. Please be aware that our products may contain or come into contact with dairy, eggs, wheat, gluten, soybeans, tree nuts, peanuts, fish, soy or shellfish. Whilst we practice a high level of food safety, there is always a risk of cross-contamination of the above food products.
We reserve the right to use any photo(s) we have taken of our creation(s), even if the client has input to the design.
Our educational information is intended for educational purposes only and should not be considered professional advice. While we strive to provide accurate and up-to-date content, the rapidly evolving nature of the subject matter means that some information may need to be updated or updated over time. Therefore, it is always recommended to consult with qualified professionals or trusted sources for specific advice or information related to your individual circumstances.
Agreement to Terms and Conditions
By proceeding with your order, you consent to the abovementioned terms and conditions.